Saturday 26 September 2009

Edwardian Market, Lancaster Unlocked (or Happy Hats)

Today's Saturday outdoor market in Lancaster's city centre was a themed day - Edwardian Market, Lancaster Unlocked.

The markets were even busier than usual, with traders and other locals dressed for the part. From my perspective, it was a welcome opportunity to capture a series of portraits. There had always been a plan to do something on the markets, but today was a gifted opportunity to highlight some of the characters who make them happen. The two gents above run stalls selling French breads and fruit and veg, and the lovely couple below run the second-hand book stall. Don't they all look the part? More photos to follow over the next few days - hope you enjoy them.

And here are three locals I found browsing the stalls, one of whom you've met on previous posts in this blog..

6 comments:

  1. Looks like a fun and very nice day!:-)
    Yes, I remember the man on the last photo!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice portraits. They are a bit dressed up in that last shot!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'd say everyone had a great time, from the looks of them. Very nice portraits, Eamon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I do nοt even know hоω I ended uρ heгe, however I
    thought this submit waѕ once good. I ԁοn't recognise who you are however definitely you're goіng tо а ωell-κnоwn
    bloggег shοuld you arеn't already. Cheers!

    Feel free to visit my web site - hcgdiet

    ReplyDelete
  5. I will right аwаy ѕnatch yοur гѕs fеed аs I can't find your email subscription link or newsletter service. Do you've anу?
    Kіndly let me reсognisе in orԁеr that I could
    subѕсribe. Thanks.

    Herе iѕ my web page :: hcg diet weight loss

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for the comment in advance. All thoughts are appreciated ~ Eamon.